You get a consultative approach to your assignments
Here’s what you can expect by contracting with Fulcrum resources. Depending upon the scope of your assignment, we do our homework by getting to know your customer, your products, your selling processes, your database and any test results. This review alone almost always uncovers ways to increase your ROI.
The steps we typically take when getting up to speed on your assignment:
1 Customer profiling :- The first step often includes a complete customer profile analysis by overlaying your present customer database with third party data including demographics, lifestyle and behavior files.
2 Response data:- forensics By analyzing your past direct marketing results, we create offers and new single channel or multi-channel test programs that are designed to beat the response of your present most successful direct response programs (that is, your controls).
3 Creative development:- For creative assignments, we first write a comprehensive creative strategy document for your review. This incorporates the offer, product benefits, testimonials, answers to the top three customer objections and other information the creative team needs to create your new winners.
4 Financial pro:– forma Before we embark on a direct marketing program, we develop a financial pro forma that incorporates your allowable cost per lead or cost per sale.
5 We can act as an extension of your staff:- Some suppliers call this partnering with the client. But we really cannot partner with clients in the classic sense as stockholders. But we are “stakeholders.” This simply means that as consultants, what we do after the program runs separates us from advertising agencies. We look at the total selling process looking for barriers that are affecting response rates. This might include a selling cycle audit where we examine the steps leading up to a sale. We begin with the customer’s first response and tabulate every step. We then submit a report to you with our recommendations for both sales improvement and new selling opportunities.
Our clients turn to Fulcrum for a variety of services depending upon their needs. These services usually include one of the following areas of direct response activities.
- Direct marketing program assessments
- Direct mail, email, telemarketing script, fieldwork, advertising and other creative development incorporating concept development, copywriting to final art
- Test programs for B2C and B2B lead generation
- Marketing planning and implementation
- Database setup, planning and implementation
- Conducting in-house brainstorming sessions
- Proposal development for advertising agency direct response presentations
- Face to face consulting to share direct marketing expertise
- Total direct marketing program leadership
The Fulcrum compensation offers maximum flexibility for your projects.
- Ad Hoc Basis: For short-term projects or for clients who are not yet interested in an ongoing commitment, Fulcrum offers a flat fee based on the projected hours required to complete your project.
- By project: This most often includes a marketing plan and a creative assignment, like a new direct mail package or a series of emails or telemarketing scripts. A set fee is agreed upon at the beginning of the project. More and more clients are asking for general direct marketing consultation. The deliverables sometimes take the form of a written assessment presented to your team in PowerPoint format. These assignments usually evolve into an extended agreement or a direct marketing audit.
- Extended Term Agreement: If your programs are ongoing and you need longer term planning and implementation support, then Fulcrum will prepare a long term agreement for your consideration. The proposal includes a thorough description of the services provided, the goals of the relationship and a monthly fee. The fee reflects a projection of the scope of the assignment. Some of these extended agreements may last no more than four months while others extend beyond one yea r.
- Subcontracted work: Most projects undertaken by Fulcrum require the services of suppliers, specialists, printers, , data analysts, compilers, telesales firms, mailing list companies and other subcontracted support to complete client approved direct marketing programs. These subcontractors are paid by Fulcrum on the client’s behalf. In some cases, the logistics require direct payment by the client to contractors hired by Fulcrum.
Depending upon the assignment, Fulcrum includes a commission in its supplier estimates and referrals for client work.
- Creative development process
- First, you tell us about the project and we give you an estimate.
- With your approval, you will need to send us background information or put us in touch with people who can provide that information.
- Then we’ll write a draft for your review. If you’re using one of our graphic designers, we will also provide initial design at this stage.
- With your feedback on our draft, we’ll provide a revised version of the creative.
- How many revisions do you get?
- We don’t put a limit on revisions because we want you completely satisfied. Historically, the number of edits for our creative work averages 1-3.
- We know you’ll have revisions — maybe more than a few. But we do not charge for revisions unless you decide to change the direction of the project.